Since lockdown i have been putting one day a week towards baking, planning something different each week to send out to friends and family. Its been really satisfying seeing how many different bakes you can do with the same ingredients! So when planning these super simple Nutella cupcakes i knew they were going to be a hit for the people that ate them, but also super simple to make- taking up only about an hour of your day but also giving you that feeling of achievement! So here are my vanilla cupcakes filled with Nutella and topped off by chocolate butter icing and sprinkles…these particular cupcakes are for my friend and her 3 children, but honestly who doesn’t like sprinkles on your cupcakes.
- 110g Soften Butter
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs Whisked
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essance
- 120g Sef Raising Flour
- 3 tbsp nutella
- 70g Butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 50g Coco Powder
- Start by setting your oven to 180 degrees- fan oven. Prep your cupcake tray with cupcake cases and put to one side.
- Whisk up your eggs until they are light and fluffy and add in the sugar and butter and whisk. Add the vanilla essence and siv in the flour.
- Fold the mix together and then spoon the mix into the cupcake cases- bake for 15 mins.
- While the cupcakes are cooking, make your buttercream, by mixing the icing sugar, softened butter and cocoa powder. Put into a piping bag ready for the topping. Also, put the spoonfuls of Nutella into a piping bag with a small nozzle.
- Once the cupcakes are cooked- take out and place on the cooling rack.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the Nutella into the middle of the cupcakes, and finish off with the buttercream and sprinkes!