Every time i go shopping now- and have to wait in the really long queue, I always always buy bananas- with the intention of eating them (obviously), but every time i have 2 loan banana left that go all brown and gross. At the beginning of lockdown, i felt like i nailed and perfected my banana bread recipe so i cant just keep making the same thing over and over, so moved onto muffins, and after i did that for a while. I have now moved onto banana and chocolate chip slices with caramelized banana slices on top! These are really bum.
- 2 ripe bananas- mashed up.
- 1 Egg
- 45g Melted Butter
- 65g Caster Sugar
- 190g Self-Rasing Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essance
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- many chocolate chips.
- Set the oven to 180 degrees- i cook most my bakes at this temp. The reason for this is that i like to keep an eye on my bakes while they are cooking to see how its going- this way they dont do a cheeky burning an turning terrible.
- Once the oven is on, put baking paper on the baking tray ready for the mix.
- Mash up the bananas with a fork, and then whisk the egg so its light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and butter and whisk again making sure its got load of air in.
- The banana, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour fold in- and then fold the chocolate in.
- Place into the baking dish and cook for 20-25 mins.