Whenever I ask people what their favorite cake is, 90% of the time it has the same answer- anything but something with fruit in it. I guess I would have the same reaction, I hate fruit cake and so many things can go wrong with upside-down fruit cake soggy, undercooked fruit- but boy this cake is something special but don’t just take my word for it! This is an own recipe pineapple upside-down cake with milk chocolate drizzled over it (because a cake isn’t complete without chocolate!)
- 200g Soften Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- Tin of pineapple (circles)
- Golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter.
- milk chocolate
- Firstly set your oven to 180 degrees- fan oven.
- Butter your cake tin and sprinkle the golden caster sugar around it- covering it.
- Place the pineapple circles into the tin- cover with butter and sugar.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs together until light and fluffy- put to one side.
- in a new bowl mix all the dry ingredients together- then add the vanilla, butter, and eggs- mix together and spoon into the tin.
- Bake for 25-35 mins- until the knife comes out clean.
- Once it’s cooked- turn it upside down on a cooling rack and let cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over some simmering water- once its melted drizzle over the cake any way you’d like!