One thing in life that you can really count on is chocolate chip cookies and look no further because these bad boys are going to be your number one throughout everything.
- 96g unsalted butter
- 130g brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 350g Plain flour
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more for sprinkling
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped
- Brown the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until the butter begins to foam and turns a golden brown, emitting a nutty aroma. Make sure you only brown the butter lightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled brown butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat until mixed together. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix half the dry ingredients into the wet until everything comes together. Slowly add in the remaining flour, stopping if the dough starts to get too dry. Then fold in the chocolate. Do not over mix.
- Pop in the fridge for at least half an hour- or overnight- I know its a long wait
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180 degrees- fan oven, and line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Use a 1 ounce cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough out into balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the prepared sheet. Bake for 11 minutes*, or until the edges are just golden brown and the centers have puffed up but are still gooey.