I love a loaf cake- it’s simple quick and is bursting with flavor- literally what is not to love! Since lockdown, my love for loaf cake and peanut butter has got rather large and so I thought id combine them. I’ve never baked anything with peanut butter in before so this was a new thing which I really enjoyed- it was like a peanut butter sandwich but chocolate and cake… so yeah it worked well and I’m very much enjoying munching on it!
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g butter- Melted
- 4 eggs
- 200g Self- Raising Flour
- 60g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk- I used oat milk.
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Set your oven to 180 degrees (fan oven) and then butter your loaf tin all around up and down.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- In another bowl whisk the eggs until light and fluffy- add to the dry mix as well as the butter, vanilla, and milk- fold in (don’t over mix as it won’t be fluffy).
- Spoon into the cake tin and then spoon 2 tbsp on the top- all around.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 mins- or until cooked through.
- Once its cooled put on a cooling rack and wait until cool before you drizzle the extra peanut butter on top!