Few things beat an afternoon cup of tea with a shortbread, crumbled and sweet- the perfect afternoon snack- but just as you think it can’t get better, dip it in melted milk chocolate and sprinkle a little gold dust on them!
I promised myself I would just eat the one of these to taste test before sending them off to people in lockdown for a sweet treat, but I have little self-control so maybe a ate a couple more.., anyway enjoy the recipe!
- 125g Butter
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 180 Plain Flour
- Chocolate for Dipping
- Beat the butter and sugar together- and siv the flour in.
- Bring the mix together with your hands and then turn out onto the kitchen side.
- Work with a rolling pin until its 1cm thick.
- Using cookie cutters cut the cookies out and put onto a baking tray covered in the baking paper
- put in the fridge for 20 mins, take out, and put in the oven for 15 mins after sprinkling with caster sugar.
- once they are cool melt some milk chocolate and dip the shortbread into the chocolate before putting it back into the fridge.