I think people are put off by the word vegan in cake titles, they picture flavorless and dry- this cake is one in a million, its gooey and full of flavor and puts non vegan cakes to shame! Everyone in my family loves this cake and it always gets 5 star reviews, it feels healthy when you eat it even though it really really isn’t- its full of all the good stuff.
- 360 ml almond or oat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- 260 g caster sugar
- 160 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 230g plain flour
- 150g cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Topping- i melted down some vegan chocolate and spread it on top!
- Using oil- oil the loaf tin- i used a loaf tin so the cake kept its shape better.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the milk, oil, and vinegar together and give it a whisk- then add this to the dry ingredients.
- Finish by adding the vanilla essence.
- Pour into the loaf tin and cook for 40 mins at 180 degrees.