The only time I’ve ever had pineapple upside down cake was in school lunches, they made it great and it was the pudding i most looked forward to- other than iced buns of course!
i made this with fresh pineapple because i had one lying around, you can use tinned- its probs better as they are softer!
- 100g softened butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Pineapple slices
- 50g melted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- Butter the loaf tin and cover in caster sugar
- Slice or prep your pineapple and place i the loaf tin.
- Cover in the melted butter and caster sugar- put to one side.
- Whisk the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix the eggs together until fluffy
- combine the eggs with the butter mix and add the flour, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Put the mix into the tin and bake for 25 mins at 180 degrees.