Marble cake is really cool, it looks cool and it tastes great. This was my first attempt of making marble cake, and i am so happy with how it turned out. In my head it was a bunch of effort for just a normal cake, i was wrong okay. Really wrong. It isn’t as hard as it looks, and it tastes great would 10/10 highly recommend! Although i have to say, my kitchen was a mess and i was completely covered in coco powder and the end of this.
- 180g soft butter
- 180g Caster sugar
- 3 eggs- whisked until fluffy.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 230g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Whisk together the sugar and butter until creamy. Add in the beaten eggs.
- Add the salt, vanilla, milk and flour. Whisk together. Use an electric whisk if you have one.
- Take another bowl and spoon half the mix into it.
- Add the coco powder to one of the bowls and whisk together
- Grease a loaf tin and spoon the mix into the tin, using different mixes for different sections.
- Cook at 170 degrees for 30-40 mins ( it might need longer, test by putting a knife in the top and seeing if it comes out clean.