The most classic cake going, light and fluffy smothered in jam and butter cream. This is the perfect cake to be snacking on at tea time- but its okay to eat it at any time (much like me).
- 200g caster sugar
- 200 soften butter
- 4 eggs
- 200g self- raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsbp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Jam- and butter cream- (200g Butter- 200g Icing Sugar)
- Add the caster sugar and butter, whisk until fluffy
- Whisk the eggs- and then add to the sugar and butter.
- Add in the flour and, baking powder, milk and vanilla
- Fold the mix together so it keeps as much air in
- Divide the mix together, in buttered cake tins
- Make the butter cream- mix caster sugar and butter- whip up.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread out the jam and butter cream and sandwich the cake together- finish by dusting with icing sugar.