After I brought this massive bag of cocoa powder- which is just the best flavor in the world, I’ve become pretty obsessed with making chocolate-based cakes and puddings. The difference between cooking with cocoa powder instead of a substitute such as hot chocolate powder is massive. The flavor is better, more intense and chocolatey, so if you are on the chocolate-based baking trend like me, use the powder trust me!
I made these muffins in about 15 mins, they are super easy to make and are the perfect muffin to take with you anywhere! They are chocolatey and I added some square chocolate on the top before baking which gave it an even better edge.
- 250g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2tsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 175ml milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 75g plain chocolate chunks
- 1-2tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients together,
- Beat the eggs together- and add to the dry mix
- Fold to keep the air in the mix until it’s all included.
- Spoon into cupcake holders, and place the squares of chocolate on top of them.
- Cook at 180 degrees for 20 mins!