For some reason, quarantine has brought the banana bread out in bundles. With just about everyone using up their old nanas in the best and only way how- making into deliciously great banana bread. Before I get too left behind, I thought I would put out there my recipe for banana bread, as I have to say this might be the best banana bread I’ve had, but maybe I’m biased somewhat…
The things to need for your banana bread to be a success are- it needs to taste on bananas… shockingly, and it needs to be moist as hell (sorry for the word use) but seriousy there is nothing worse that dry banana bread, when the flavor is great but you just cant seem to get it down. No one wants that- there is enough stress in the world at the moment to worry about DRY banana bread. So here is my moist and full of flavor banana bread.
- 2 ripe bananas- mashed up
- 285g plain flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs- whisked up
- 80ml Almond Milk (is what I use but you can use any milk you’d like) with some lemon juice mixed in- this is to make the buttermilk- completely changes the banana bread!
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mix the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl.
- In a new bowl add the sugar and butter- and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the butter milk, mashed banana and eggs- whisk up.
- Add the honey to the wet mix and then add the flour mix in 3 inclusions- folding it in.
- Cook at 180 degrees, for 30 mins- check if its ready by putting a small knife in the middle- if it comes out clean you are good to go!