Comfort food at its finest! Breaded chicken with paprika mayo and a big bun, to get you through the very cold and wet winter months here in England. The best thing about making your own burgers is that you know what is going into them, so you know that even if you smother it in ketchup its healthy(ish). As well as knowing what is going into your body you are also saving the £, as this burger cost £5 including homemade chips- which i ate before the picture because its a rainy Monday night!
Serves: 2 Price: £5 Difficulty: Easy
- 4 Potatoes- Washed
- Olive Oil (can use truffle oil)
- Rock Salt
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Slices of Toast
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Lettuce leaves
- Hinez mayo
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Slice the potatoes up- into chip size- put onto baking tray with olive oil and rock salt. Cook for 20 mins at 180 degrees.
- Slice the buns and put to one side.
- Mix the mayo with the paprika and garlic powder- put it in the fridge.
- Trim the chicken.
- put the toast into the mixer and make bread crumbs- add the paprika, onion powder and garlic powder- mix, and put into a bowl.
- Mix up the eggs- and put into a bowl.
- Place the flour into a bowl.
- Put the foil onto the baking tray ready for the chicken.
- put the chicken into the egg- then the flour- then the breadcrumbs and repeat.
- Place onto the foil and then drizzle oil all over it- this will give the effect of frying without frying.
- Cook for 20 mins- when you’ve got 5 mins left add the buns into the oven.
- Take out the oven and cover the bun in the paprika mayo- and the lettuce. slice the chicken in 2 and add to the bun.
- Serve with the chips and all your problems will melt away! If you like a bit more spice add some chilli powder into the breadcrumbs!