This is one of my favorite quick bakes- its so easy to make and just has so much flavor, it’s my go to cake for dinner party’s as its so nice and simple. I cant think of anything more wintery then a cake filled with cinnamon and ginger!
Apple and Cinnamon Cake.
Serves: 6 Price: £7 Difficulty: Easy
- 6 Cooking Apples
- 8 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Mixed Spices
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 225g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- Peal and slice the apples, place into a pan with a couple of table spoons of water. add in half the cinnamon, mixed spices and ginger- as well as 2 table spoons of brown sugar- let soften.
- Put all the dry ingredients (excluding the brown sugar) into a bowl and mix, make a hole in the middle and add the already mixed eggs and melted (but cooled) butter. Whisk together until its smooth.
- Grease the loaf tin and place the cooked apple on the bottom, flatten out and then place the cake mix on top. To finish put the brown sugar on top.
- Put in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 Mins or until golden brown.
- Once cooked take out of the tin upside down and let cool before serving!
hope you enjoy!!